SlidesSlides based on different parts of the book will be available here. The first set of slides is based on the Learning From Data course. Please check this directory for the lecture slides.
NotesNotes as extended reading materials of the book can be found on the book forum.
Video LecturesVideo lectures covering different parts of the book will be posted. The first set of lectures is based on the Learning From Data course. The lectures are available here.
CodeStudents in courses and readers of the book have implemented the examples and exercises in a variety of languages, including MATLAB, R, OCTAVE, PYTHON, JAVA, C++. Some publicly-available implementations are as follows.
LIONsolverVarious cases in the book can be implemented within the LIONsolver. Currently, the following cases that support the presentation in the book are publicly available online:
- Handwritten digit recognition (see Chapter 3) with linear Support Vector Machine
- Credit card approval (see Chapter 1) with Neural Network
- The danger of overfitting (see Chapter 4)
- Logistic regression (see Chapter 3) for predicting heart diseases
- Marketing automation for banks via Support Vector Machine and cross-validation (see Chapter 4)
Handwritten DigitsThe digits data are useful data for experimenting with some of the techniques discussed in the book, and they are also used in some of the chapter problems.